Certified Rural Hotels and Houses receive the following from the Starlight Foundation:
– Advice on the acquisition of basic astronomical observation equipment: small telescopes, binoculars, sky charts and other equipment and facilities.
– Aid in measuring the quality of the night sky and advice on where to place the observation instruments.
– Basic training for the personnel of the Rural Hotel or House, if required, in order to work as astronomical monitors.
– Inclusion on the Foundation website, in the section devoted to express publicity of these establishments and their activities.
– The possibility of promotion by other means at the instigation of the Foundation.
– Participation in programs which involve special astronomical tourism offers.
– Advice on how to improve the external lighting of the establishment in order to facilitate night-time observation.
As well as the above, the Starlight Rural Hotel or House may use the Foundation logo in the format it wishes (plaques, flags, advertising, etc).